Lost & Found: 3.11 Photographs from Tohoku

Lost & Found: 3.11 Photographs from Tohoku
http://www.aperture.org/events/detail.php?id=851

Monday, April 2, 2012–Friday, April 27, 2012
FREE
Aperture Gallery Project Room
547 West 27th Street, 4th Fl.
New York, New York
(212) 505-5555

Aperture Foundation presents Lost & Found: 3.11 Photographs from Tohoku, a profoundly moving exhibition of photographs recovered from the devastation following the earthquake and tsunami and the subsequent nuclear catastrophe that took place in the Tohoku region of Japan a year ago, last March.

--Those are actual family photos found in the Tsunami-hit areas. First I thought those were scanned copies created like actual photos found in the dirt. But no, they were real ones that traveled long way to New York from Northern Pacific coast in Japan.

At the time when I entered the Aperture Gallery Project Room, where all those photos were coated in transparent plastic folder and hanging all over the wall, I felt some strange energy. I could not tell that the energy I felt was positive or negative, but I could tell that those photos were somehow breathing in the gallery room.
I got this overwhelming feeling, so I couldn't stay there long.

I'm going back to Japan on June 1st for the one year anniversary of my mother's passing.

Comments

Popular Posts